Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Resurrection of the Black Beauty

My Mac is back, and with a full install of Leopard.   I have been laying the foundation of this Uber unit over the weekend and so far, it is working like a charm.
Parallels, was one of the first programs I installed on this beauty, nothing says pie in your face to the Microsoft crowd like having Windows running on a Apple.   I have XP pro corporate running in a Virtual Machine, I gave it 1GIG of virtual ram and about 30GIGs of expanding "virtual" space.
Ubuntu, is a Linux install I wanted to do next.  But I ran into some issues with it, stalling and unable to capture screen resolution correctly.
I discovered this was not a unique problem.   I had to install Ubuntu 7.04 (installing 7.10 has complications).   Its always stupid little things, but thankfully Google saved the day.

No comments: